Sunday, March 6, 2011

Lancome L'Absolu Nu Lipstick Review. (Gloss finish)

I stumbled across this little beauty in Brown Thomas in Dublin last week and now I have no idea what I did without it. I actually went in to buy the MAC Viva Glam iv (Which I will review soon) and came out with this beautiful lipstick/gloss as well.


This seems to be a new range of lipsticks by Lancome which has a beautiful, hydrating gloss finish. While the assistant directed me to the red shade I myself was drawn to the gorgeous berry shade in 103.


The colour is quite sheer and not as long lasting as a traditional lipstick but that's what you get when trying to make a lipstick like a gloss and I think it would be amazing on a nice summer evening when you are looking for a pop of colour but not the heaviness of a lipstick. It has a pleasant scent of violets, which I absolutely adore. I have actually taken to putting this on top of my Viva Glam iv as the gloss-ness of the L'Absolu Nu really compliments the colour of the Viva Glam iv and deepens the shade, as well as adding a gorgeous sheen.

Here is a swatch of the L'absolu Nu in 103:


All in all, I would recommend having a look at the shades the next time you are near a Lancome counter as I absolutely love these. There are a good few shades and I would hazard a guess that there is one for almost everyone in the audience. 

Have you tried these lipsticks? If so or you have any comments please do so below. 
x

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I bought it in 303 today and I love it! Sheer and subtle enough for daytime but not boring - it has the prettiest sheen and it's super moisturising, great for dry lips.