Sunday, March 6, 2011

MAC Viva Glam IV Lipstick Review

I have been trying to get my hands on this product in Dublin for AGES!! Finally last week I managed to get one. I was unbelievably happy and I continue to be.


It is a deep rose colour with a goldish shimmer/frost to it. I had never owned a MAC lipstick mainly because I tried my friends Russian Red Mac Lipstick and had found it so terrible drying, but as the sales assistant told me Russian Red is a matte lipstick and so can have that effect.



As most know Viva Glam was set up in 1994 to help raise money for MAC's HIV charity.

EVERY cent you pay for this lipstick goes to this charity, which makes it even more appealing to me.

I do find that this colour is difficult to remove but this also makes it very long wearing. If you are aware that it takes a wee while and a bit more effort to remove and you still love the colour then I would absolutely recommend the purchase of this.

It goes quite well with my dark hair and eyes and still doesn't look like too much of a statement for daytime wear and if worn with a gloss it is perfect for a night time look. All in all well worth the money.

I do think I will try to limit my purchase of MAC lipsticks to the Viva Glam range as it does feel good to know you are doing something good for HIV charities as well as getting a beautiful lipstick.  I hope they do something good with my €17.50.

Have you tried any other MAC lipsticks, especially the Viva Glam ones? Can you recommend any? What is your favourite MAC lipstick?

No comments: