Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Make Up Academy Haul (Photo and swatch heavy post)

The best part is everything in the range is only £1!!!!

So as some of you may know I am living in Ireland and so many brands are out of reach for me but I was very excited to be travelling to Manchester last weekend so I could have a gander at some of the brands that I can't get at home. 

I had recently seen these two wonderful videos by RebelMakeUp on YouTube and fair play to her she got me very excited about the Superdrug brand Make Up Academy. Have a look at her videos here: 

 

So in I trotted to Superdrug, armed with a list as long as my arm of things I wanted to get. (The sales assistant thought I was a bit mad but sure we all have been there at one point or another.)

So despite my list I came out with only seven things, that is not because I didn't love their products, because trust me I fell in love, but because I was actually overwhelmed by how much I actually wanted to buy. You know what it is like, you pack your basket, look at it have a panic that you are buying too much and put it all back and start again. 

I am so very happy with the products I did purchase though. 

Eye Shadows: 

Matte Black : Shade 20

Forest Green, Pearl:  Shade 7



Really Dark Plum, Pearl: Shade 13


The consistency of these is beautifully creamy and glides on the eyes. They are amazingly pigmented for £1 eye shadows too but I will say however that the darker shades can stain a wee bit, so I would definitely recommend using a base of some sort. 

Here is a swatch of all three:


Blusher: Shade 3

The blusher is the same consistency as the eye shadows and this shade is perfect for me. I don't usually use blusher because I have very pigmented cheeks but this blusher is the perfect shade not to draw attention to my cheeks. 

Here is a swatch of this:





Lipstick: Shade 9 

Now this is not very pigmented and does have a "lipstick" scent to it but it is a nice colour over the pigment of my own lips. I don't feel that I can criticise this range's lipsticks because I just tried the one. Actually if you try any of the lipsticks you love let me know and I will add them to the list for the next time I get to a Superdrug.

Here is a swatch of the lipstick:


Nail Varnishes: 

Green: Shade 13
Pink: Shade 16


Look at those shades ^ Holy goats! Seriously! They are absolutely beautiful. I haven't tried the pink yet because, of course, this week is St Patrick's week so I have only been wearing the green but the green is so gorgeous. It's the kind of shade I will probably never come across again. My nails are still in crap form but if you want to see swatches of the nail varnishes I got have a look at the videos I posted above from RebelMakeUp.

In case you missed it under the first picture: The best part is everything in the range is only £1!!!!


Have you any more recommendations of which of this range I must ABSOLUTELY try?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I really want to get some MUA products, but cannot get them anywhere where I live. Luckily I will be going to London in October and will surely have to get some of these! Thanks for the swatches.

Enter my giveaway:
http://danceofthegods.blogspot.com/2011/03/giveaway-100-followers.html

Charlene xxxx
A Cosmetic Affair

Aphrosie said...

Just don't do what I did and limit yourself. They are too pretty!
:)
xx
Ciara

Gaby Fauchon said...

Aww pretty blush x

xxShivvyxx said...

Just discovered your blog and liking what i read so far :)

xxShivvyxx

xxshivvyxx.blogspot.com

Laura said...

Hey there honey, I am so sorry it's taken me so long to have a look at this, time has got away from me!!! It's totally fabulous! MUCH better than mine! You keep your updated for a start hahah! Love it honey xxxxx