Sunday, April 24, 2011

Tag - Ten Things I Love.

Ok, so I wasn't tagged to do this but I don't actually care whether I was tagged and after reading Cornflakegirl's one I just couldn't help myself. I love reading these tags so I am just going to do it! 

Obviously I am excluding my friends and family because they are not things! 

One: Grey's Anatomy


I was late to the Grey's Anatomy fan club but I absolutely adore it. My favourite character is Callie. I have been told that I remind people of her which to me is the best compliment EVER because I think she is amazing and very pretty. 


I mean come on. That lady is just smoking. If I looked a teeny bit like her I would be very happy. 



Two: Music

I cannot get through a day without my music. I mean when I get up I need music and if I am alone I need music to fall asleep. I tend to go for female artists for some reason.

My Favourite Artists are in no particular order: 

  • Tori Amos
  • Rumer
  • Adele
  • Tegan and Sara
  • Ani DiFranco
  • Taylor Swift
  • Regina Spektor
  • Melody Gardot
I just can't get by without those ladies in my life.

Tori Amos in the Iveagh Gardens last summer.



Three: My New Bag

I am pretty sure it has to be a knock off but I am absolutely in love.




Four: Painting

I am not very good at it but I love it so much. It relaxes me and makes me happy and that's all that is important. 

Here is one of my paintings: 





Five: Musicals

From "Little Shop of Horrors" to "My Fair Lady" to "Chicago" to "The Phantom of the Opera" nothing makes me happier than a good musical. I much prefer to see these things live in the theatre but I also own over 80 Musicals on DVD. 

This is one of my favourites and quite fitting for now. 





Six: Lists/Notebooks

Nothing makes me feel more in control than a good list. Being organised helps me think clearly and so happier. I am on the hunt for a nice ruled, scented note book. If anyone knows of where I can get one PLEASE let me know! The prettier and girlier the better. This is my current one: 





Seven: Romance/Hugs

What girl doesn't enjoy being wooed? I love being special to someone, being enveloped in someones arms and being important. I am a very tactile person and I really miss being held. So I guess you could say this is more about hugs and physical touch than about romance. I also adore love story films. I am a sucker for chick flicks. This is from one of my favourites "Imagine Me and You"





Eight: My Dogs

Ok, so they are my families and they live in Meath and not with me in Dublin but I adore them. 

This is Yah-Yah:

And this is Ziggy:





Nine: Audrey Hepburn

I have no idea why but I am completely fascinated with her. I love Breakfast at Tiffany's and pretty much anything she is in. I wanna be like her someday.  (Wishful thinking) 






Ten: Collecting Memories

I am terrible for keeping ticket stubs, cards, receipts, train tickets and all sorts of crazy stuff that would mean nothing to anyone else. I am a sentimental at heart! Here is the box I keep these memories in. 


It is from Tk Maxx I got it the other day and it cost me €12.99.

I am not going to tag anyone but I love reading them so if you made it this far through this post and haven't done this tag yet please do and if you want to leave a link to your post below fire away, in case I have missed it. 

7 comments:

ArtDonatella said...

Lovely post hun! I paint too because it makes me happy, not because I'm talented...I would like to see a post of your paintings though :D

P.S.- Love your dogs!!!

Aphrosie said...

Oh I will have to think about whether to share my paintings or not. Plus I haven't done all that many. That post may have to wait for a while till I am sure I want to but I will think about it. Hope you are having a lovely Easter. xx :D

cornflakegirl said...

Brilliant post. I can't believe I left music out of mine, oops. I love, love, love Tori Amos, though I missed her when she played the Iveagh Gardens which annoyed me big time.

Those dogs are soo adorable.

I collect ticket stubs, cards and stuff like that too but I keep them in a shoe box which isn't near as pretty as your box. I must recify that soon.

Aphrosie said...

Oh god honey, She was AMAZING!!!! My friend had to hold me up when she sang Winter. I was a mess. What's your favourite album of hers? I am a crazy CRAZY fan. I met her once. She signed my copy of the Beekeeper.

Anonymous said...

Your dogs are gorgeous!

Caoimhe.lights said...

Ahhhhh Grey's is so wonderful! Callie is too, what did you think of the musical episode?! xxx

Confessions Of A Makeupaholic said...

Your painting is absolutley beautiful x