Monday, April 18, 2011

5 Things To Pick Me Up

I am going through a bit of a rough time right now and I am taking comfort and finding confidence where I can and I thought I would share with you the things that are helping me along.

1. Red Lipstick:

Right now the one I am loving is Rimmel Colour Show Off Lipstick in Be Bold.



I love the shade of this lipstick but I have to say is you absolutely need to like the smell of cucumber (which is what it smells like to me) as the scent of this lipstick has been turning me off it but the shade is just too pretty to not wear. So I guess I will bear the cucumber scent.

Here is a swatch:



2. Black Eyeliner:


I don't know why but the smokey look is really making me happy recently. I am not going to knock anything that can make me smile. I am even putting it in my upper waterline!! I might actually post up an eye of the day next time and show you my smokey eye, that is if you are interested.

 

3. Red nails: 

So I haven't actually got my nails painted at the moment but once I get home this is the colour I am going to paint them because it makes me feel happy. (What is it about Red that makes me feel good?) 


4. A Face and Hair Mask day: 

There is nothing that makes me feel good better than actually taking care of myself so a good pampering session is a must. 

I used a mask I got in Pennys/Primark for very little cash and an Umberto Giannini Hair Mask for curly hair. Which I picked up in Boots as the Umberto Giannini products are 2 for €10, which isn't a bad price. I will review them soon. 

5. My Two Favourite Men: 


If I find any more I will post about them and if you have any suggestions please let me know I am off to watch Serendipity!! 

xxx



3 comments:

cornflakegirl said...

Sorry to hear you're having a rough time, *hugs* to you and I hope you feel a little better soon.

That Rimmel Lippie looks great but I know what you mean about it smelling like cucumbers. I bought the Shocking Pink recently and that's all I can smell as well.

ArtDonatella said...

'Be Bold' - Oh isn't that the most fabulous red shade? Hope you're doing ok!XO

Aphrosie said...

Thanks ladies. I am sure I will be ok in a while. xx