Wednesday, February 2, 2011

MAC Studio Sculpt Foundation and Pro Longwear Concealer.


So I took a trip to MAC just after Christmas to try to find a good foundation. As I have quite dry skin, especially in the winter, I was very aware what I wanted from a foundation, HYDRATION! While I recently started to get big on the auld moisturisation and face care I still felt I needed extra hydration from my foundation. I find so many foundations dry out the skin.

The lady on the counter sat me down and asked me a few questions:
1. What kind of coverage I was looking for?
2. What my skin is usually like?

Once I had told her I was looking for full/medium coverage (because I have very, VERY pigmented cheeks) and that my skin is pretty  dry she immediately reached for the studio sculpt foundation in NC20 and put it on my face.



I found it almost immediately hydrating and soft but was still sceptical because I had never used it before. Then she grabbed the Mac Pro Longwear  Concealer in NW 20 and applied it to my under eyes, which I will admit are very dark. 





So I left MAC and went for a wander to see how it wears and as you can see from the above photos I now own both of these products. 

I have to say I struggled to apply the Studio Sculpt for a while. 

I wouldn't suggest finger application for this foundation. I found that it needs to be buffed into the face a bit more than any other foundation I have tried but for the coverage and finish I am happy to put in that extra bit of effort. It is almost like a mousse in texture and very rich.  The coverage is definitely medium but what I love about this foundation is that it is VERY easy to build up to the coverage you want. I would of course use a light had around any fine lined areas as it can set.  

I was advised to purchase the 187 brush from MAC to aid application but I just couldn't justify €45 for a tool when the foundation cost less so I now use my Sigma F80 and it works a dream. 

The MAC Pro Longwear  Concealer is amazing. I absolutely adore it. I would not be without it. Although the pump is a little over excited and sometimes you get a bit too much product in one pump, it is a fabulous product. It really does lift my under eyes, which I said before, are pretty dark. 

All in all a very successful trip to my local MAC counter. 

Have you had any experience with these products? How did you find them?




1 comment:

A Girl En Route said...

I will definitely have to check these out next time I step into a mac store!