Monday, July 4, 2011

Face of the day - Masquerade Ball Make Up



I apologise for the glare on my forehead the lighting wasn't very flattering but this is my first face of the day/night post.

For my face I have used:

  1. MAC Studio Sculpt  Foundation in NC20
  2. MAC Pro Longwear Concealer in NW 20 - for my under eye bags.
  3. Benefit High Beam - Just under the mask.
  4. Benefit Cha Cha Tint - on the cheek. 
  5. MAC Powder Blush in Style. 
  6. MAC Mineralised Skin Finish Natural in Medium/Dark.

For the eyes I have used: 

  1. NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk in the inner corner.
  2. Gunmetal from the Urban Decay NAKED Palette on the inner third of the lid.
  3. MAC Club on the outer two thirds of the lid.
  4. Glamour Doll Eyes shadow in Undead in the crease and outer V. (because I was going to wear a mask I made sure to put the mask on after I had done the shadow so I could see what parts were not covered by the shadow and I filled that space in while wearing the mask which left a very fun V shape on my eye.)
  5. Virgin  from the Urban Decay NAKED Palette - just below the inner top corner of the mask to blend out the crease colour and give that highlight you can see in the picture.
  6. Essence Liquid Eyeliner  Waterproof on my top lid.
  7. Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Liner on the bottom lash line and in the waterline. 
  8. MUA  (Make Up Academy) Eye Shadow in Shade 20 (Black) - Matt to seal and smudge the Gel liner. 
  9. Maybelline The Falsies Volum' Express Waterproof Mascara
AND for my lips I used MUA (Make Up Academy) Lipstick in shade 1.

Here is a closer (not as wonderful as I would have liked) shot of the eyes. 


And another one just for the craic:


Let me know what you think or if any of the products I have mentioned you would like a review on.  Also I do apologise for the photo quality but they were taken on my iPhone as I never thought I would put up a photo of my face ever! 



10 comments:

ArtDonatella said...

Well hello there gorgeous brunette bomb! Lovely to finally see ya! Love that red lippie you're sporting there lady, keep them FOTD posts coming! You looked fabulous, also love the hair...hmmm, pretty much like everything! xxxx

Aphrosie said...

Aw thanks SO MUCH honey. You have no idea how nervous I was about posting it but somehow the mask made it easier. xxx

Unknown said...

that mask is wonderful ! really compliments the look :)

Aphrosie said...

Aww thanks a million hon! x

Donna said...

You look amazing, I love the red lips teamed up with the mask! I found your blog through google and it is fab. I will definitly be checking back to read more. I wish you all the luck in the world with it (although I am sure you don't need it).

All the best,
Voe.
http://lipstick-and-pearls.blogspot.com

Aphrosie said...

Aww thank you Voe, you are very kind honey. Yeah I think the lips really make it!
xx

cornflakegirl said...

You look fabulous. The eye look works really well with lip colour.

I know how nerve wrecking posting FOTDs can be but keep them coming.

Aphrosie said...

Awww thanks a million honey! Yeah I was very nervous altogether.
:)

Karo said...

Awwww...I like this look!
So cool!
xoxo

Aphrosie said...

Thannks Karo! :) x