Monday, May 30, 2011

A delicious recipe for Vegetarians - Butternut Squash Curry

This is one I got from my parents who went to some Vegetarian Indian cookery course and I absolutely adore it so I thought I would share it with you lot! 


Butternut Squash/Pumpkin Curry

250 g Diced butternut Squash
2 green chillies or 1 red dry chilli
5ml Cumin seeds (1 tsp)
3ml Mustard Seeds (1/2 tsp)
3 ml salt (1/2 tsp)
12.5 ml oil (1tbsp)
curry leaves
Corriander for garnishing
12.5 ml sugar (1tbsp)

Method: 
1. Heat oil in a pot, add cumin seeds, mustard seeds, curry leaves and chillies. 
2. Braise for a few seconds, then add butternut squash and salt.
3. Allow to cook on low heat until butternut squash is cooked. 
4. Add sugar, garnish with corriander and allow to simmer till liquid is absorbed.



Serve it with any rice you like or sometimes I serve it with wholemeal Pittas.

No comments: