Saturday, August 6, 2011

Face of The Night - Steampunk Night





You can see from the time on the camera that this was at the end of the night and I apologise for the rest of the photos being taken half through the night. I need to start taking photos before I leave the house but, yeah, so please ignore the shiny bits and the bad photography!  




Here is a terrible close up of the eyes! 




  • I used MAC Goldmine in the inner half of the eye and up into the inner crease.
  • Then I used MAC Embark on the outer half of the lid and up into the crease.
  • I then used MUA eye shadow in 11... Which looks like this swatched: 



And I absolutely ADORE it. 

  • I darkened up the outer part of the crease with a Black matt eye shadow.
  • Then I blended out the edges with Urban Decays Buck from the NAKED pallet.
  • I lined the upper lid with Essence Waterproof Liquid Eye liner and the bottom waterline with Maybelline's Gel Liner. 
  • As a highlight under the brows I used Urban Decay's Virgin from the NAKED pallet. 


And of course the most important part of this look is the Lashes. 

I got them in the Art and Hobby shop in The Jervis Street Shopping Centre. They were about €6/7. I hadn't had the nerve to wear them before this night but because it was a dress up night I felt I could try them. You can see them here. They do some really out there lashes. 

The look was finished with my favourite lipstick which is MUA In Shade 1. 

Here is another photo of the look: 



I think the next look of the day I will do is a zombie look in a few weeks. Anyone got any zombification tips for me? 

6 comments:

cornflakegirl said...

You look fab and I now NEED that MUA no. 11 eye shadow. That's made up my mind about whether to head to Superdrug or Boots tomorrow.

Aphrosie said...

Oh honey. It is beautiful. So soft and blendable. and I use it most days now to brighten up my dull brown daytime look. :)

Karo said...

You look so cool! And this make up is so awesome!
xoxo
Have a nice day! :)

Unknown said...

You look great and yup, I need that eyeshadow now, too :-p

Aphrosie said...

Thanks guys. Yes you all should own this shadow. It looks slightly darker in real life but the metallic sheen is bloody gorgeous!

Sharon said...

Fabulous look! the fake eyelashes are so unique :D

http://primpedandprimed.blogspot.com/