- The older you get the harder it is to give yourself to someone and the looser the elasticity is in your heart. It does not spring back or heal as easily.
- Getting one part of your life right only makes you want to get it ALL right even more. I am pretty sure that is impossible.
- Even though nice girls finish last, trying to be someone you are not is excruciating, so be the one who comes in last, if that is who you are and be happy with it because at least you are not living a lie.
- TRY to make peace with the fact that people will try to walk all over you, manipulate you, tear you down because you are so damned fabulous!! Leave them to it and don't do anything for them.
- Try to say no if you can.
- Don't try and be everything to everyone, if you can help it, because no one will try to be that for you.
- Put your whole self into something you love and do it with everything you have because in the end you know you have tried your ABSOLUTE best and the rewards, though perhaps not the ones you foresee or expect, will be much more worthwhile.
- Don't hold things in. It is unhealthy and ultimately will make you colossally miserable but try choose a good time. I say try because sometimes you are fit to burst before your "perfect" opportunity arises and most times this doesn't exist anyway. Don't berate yourself if this happens.
- Sometimes you have to make an idiot out of yourself. Life is about taking chances and we all love at least one or two idiots in our time.
- You have little or no control over your own life so make sure to exert what control you do have over it.
- If you are unhappy, change the parts you can, try to accept the things you cannot change... something, something, God grant me the serenity, something, something. (Flash backs to assembly in school but it is SO true)
- If you are frustrated, or annoyed instead of kicking something, create something. Paint, write, sew, bake anything that will give you a feeling of accomplishment.
- Never stand by and watch someone suffer or be mistreated but remember to leave before you give too much of yourself away.
- As the Dalai Lama said "Approach both love and cooking with reckless abandon"
- Tell people you love them as often as you can. You never know when you wont be able to do so again.
- Try to believe in your own capabilities and uniqueness.
- They say you shouldn't have to apologise for feeling whatever way you do... I don't know, sometimes I think you have to take responsibility for things that you feel that hurt and upset other people. Tread a fine line.
- On the rare occasion that you feel it necessary, let your heart rule your head. Sometimes we are too cautious with our hearts.
- Let yourself be completely consumed by passion sometimes.
- Do not let your life pass you by.
- People will come and go from your life but if neither of you are bothered to fight for the friendship/relationship then perhaps you should make peace that they are meant to go and not upset yourself.
Friday, December 30, 2011
Things to remember...
I have written this list of things it is more for myself than anyone else. To remind me of the ways I should be as opposed to the way I am.